This location is an outstanding Victorian era mansion with opulent architectural features. The interior features gilt embossed wallpapers, ornate stained glass and a rare trompe l’oeil ceiling. Previously it was home to Melbourne’s elite until 1920 when it was divided into flats. The residents included Hollywood’s first Australian silent film star and other colourful bohemians. This property is the most lavish of the few surviving nineteenth century mansions and the magnificently restored interiors of the main rooms impress all its visitors.